Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What did he just say?

I think we've reached the point where Jason and I need to be more selective about the music we listen to. Ok, maybe we're beyond that point.

Let me just say that I don't often listen closely to the radio. It's generally only on when I'm driving, and I don't often know more than a few words to the song. Forget knowing the artist or the song name. That's just too much...shall I say "unnecessary" information to store in my brain. Over the last few months I did branch out a bit to include more than one genre of music. I think part of it came from trying to not just listen to "kids" music all the time. I figured out that there are some good songs on the country station. Yes, I did really mean to type country. I never thought it would be me, but as long as the songs don't have too much "twang" in it, I enjoyed it! So did Ethan.

I thought it was cute when Ethan started singing some of the songs on the radio. He would sing little phrases here and there. The first main song that he walked around singing was "Fly Away" by Tim McGraw. He liked that there were kids singing at the end of the song, so he would sing "One, two, three like a bird I sing, cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings". Not a bad little phrase when you think about it. So I didn't mind that he sang it. A lot.

Then, the other day he declared at my parents house that "everything gets hotter when the sun goes down". I about fell off my chair (mainly because I was laughing). I don't remember the name of the song or the artist (again, unnecessary info for me to store), but I'm thinking it's time to change the station. I tried to explain that it's cooler when the sun goes down because the moon is out. Ethan informed me that "no, mom, the song says..." and then he sang "everything gets hotter when the sun goes down" in the exact tune. Kids music it is.

2 comments:

Rozema Family said...

I just spit coffee all over my computer! I'm laughing my head off over here!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, maybe you could borrow some of my veggietales CD's