Thursday, May 24, 2007

Amazing creations

I've been watching the peony plants in my backyard with high hopes this year. I received some cuttings from my mom's plants two years ago and have not seen more than one flower from my three plants.

The first year I think the plants were "mad" about being moved (yes, I talk like my plants have feelings!). The second year (last year) the three bushes were still adjusting, but I saw a few buds and was excited about them flowering. However, I was really disappointed when only one of the buds grew to the flower I was anticipating. The other buds simply did nothing.

This year I was happy to see buds forming again and was also happy that there were ants crawling all over the buds. I remember the flowers at my mom and dad's always had ants on them, so I figured things were looking good for this year!

The boys and I were playing outside this afternoon and I was "inspecting" the buds again. I was so excited that some of the buds were opening up that I took a few pictures. I took this picture at about 4:00 p.m.



We haven't had much rain lately, so when I turned the sprinkler on for the boys to play in, I put it near my flowerbed so the flowers would benefit from the water. Later on in the day, Jason and I went outside with the boys again and I was suprised to see the changes in one of the buds that I had taken a picture of earlier.

This picture was taken at 7:45 p.m.



Isn't that amazing! God's creations are so incredible. I can't wait to watch the rest of the flowers bloom!

3 comments:

Rozema Family said...

How lovely! Mike teases me that I have a black thumb and plants run in fear of me! Seriously I went to a plant store and said, give me a plant I cannot kill. He said, if I killed this one plant (I can't remember the name) I don't deserve plants. . .well, I killed it.

Kristi said...

I'm so jealous. Peonies are my favorite -- especially pink ones.

Yours Truly said...

totally lovin' the pink peonies... and the green thumb! :)