Monday, May 28, 2007

"My faithfulness and enduring love"

Eight years ago today I married my best friend.

"I pledge you my faithfulness and enduring love." Thank you, Lord, for faithfulness and enduring love.

"I promise to love and care for you in sickness and in health." Thank you, Lord, for what we've learned through sickness and health.

"I promise to share times of laughter and tears." Thank you, Lord, for how our marriage has grown through laughter and tears.

"Above all, I promise to build with you a home where God is the foundation." Thank you, Lord, that we can work each day to do this.

Wow, eight years. It seems so long, but at the same time not long at all! I think about the words we spoke in our vows and how I really had no idea how the words would apply in our married life. Eight years of learning, and I pray for so many more. I love you, Jason.

No comments: