Thursday, May 10, 2007

Why moms never eat lunch on time

Why moms never eat lunch on time, also known as the chaos at my house that prevented me from eating lunch when I wanted to. (Sometimes I wish I didn't try to multi-task) First I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:




Here's what was supposed to happen:
1. Pick flavor of yogurt
2. Notice spaghetti sauce that was in fridge too long
3. Take sauce from fridge and put in garbage disposal
4. Eat yogurt

Here's what actually happened:
1. Pick flavor of yogurt
2. Notice spaghetti sauce that was in fridge too long
3. Take sauce from fridge and have it slip out of hand and crash to the floor
4. Stand in the middle of the sauce bomb and try to figure out what just happened
5. Remove myself and Micah from the bombed area
6. Check both of us for sauce, one clean, one dirty
7. Strategically place baby gate so no children can enter affected area
8. Stand and look at the mess and decide to take pictures and do a blog post rather than stand and cry or yell
9. Wash the floor so I have a place to stand
10. Wash the front of refrigerator, microwave, oven, cabinets
11. Wash the wall
12. Take out tape measure because one splatter on the wall is so high it must be some kind of record for me...it was, 5 feet 6 1/2 inches from the ground
13. Change blue jeans, soak affected pair so I don't have sauce stains all over them
14. Remove baby gate so curious children can see what in the world mom is doing
15. Eat lunch while uploading pictures for my blog

While cleaning up my mess I thought about the reasons I could be thankful in the situation (in no particular order):
1. The sauce had not been in the fridge so long that it was moldy
2. The sauce only smelled like sauce
3. Micah did not need a bath
4. I have black appliances...since white might have had a red saucy residue left on it
5. My blue jeans were not recently laundered...they were closer to going back into the laundry, not freshly cleaned
6. I had an opportunity to clean the cobweb from the corner since there was sauce in it
7. I had an opportunity to clean out the vents for the oven and microwave since both had sauce in them. Way in them.
8. I could ponder what to write in my blog instead of thinking about the mess :)

Hope you enjoyed my fiasco!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has these issues. Yesterday it was juice all down the inside of the fridge.
See you soon,
~Beth