Monday, May 7, 2007

Perspective

There's nothing like a four-year-old to help you stop and remember ALL of God's amazing creations. I generally look at our backyard and notice all of the dandelions. I've already received a number of dandelion bouquets this year, but I imagine those will decrease since the dandelions are changing into the white seeds. At our house, the dandelions in this stage are also known to Ethan as "blowing things". I am not too thrilled about the seeding of the dandelions since it means I'll have more dandelions. My perspective changed a bit this afternoon when Ethan and I were in the yard and this conversation took place:

Ethan: Mommy, why did God make all of these blowing things in my yard?

Me: I don't know why, buddy.

Ethan: He must know that I like them.

I think I need to spend some time enjoying the wonder of all the "blowing things" in our yard--and be thankful for all the new ones that show up and give my son such great joy.

1 comment:

Yours Truly said...

this was so adorable, and Ethan is so very right :)