Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Zoo Day

This past Friday we went to the zoo with my mom, my sister, and my sister's kids. The kids all had a great time looking at the animals. Thankfully it was not too hot out, so the adults had a fun time too! The monkeys were a big hit, as they always seem to be, and we spent a lot of time looking at all the snakes and reptiles. This is Rachel, Ethan, and Evan looking at the Komodo Dragon. We had fun telling them the names of the animals and then listening to them try to say it!



I realized when I looked at my pictures later that they are mostly of the kids' backs!

Micah really liked the camels; the baby camel was making the "spitting" noise that camels make and Micah was mesmerized by it! His expression changed every couple of seconds...here's one of the funny ones:



My mom, sister, and I also learned a lesson--don't schedule a zoo trip for a Friday in the last few weeks of school! I think there were at least 20 buses in the lot when we pulled in. There were A LOT of kids running around! Thankfully many of them left after we were there for a while. Overall, it was a fun afternoon!

No comments: