Thursday, September 6, 2007

Visiting Day

Today we went to Ethan's preschool classroom for visiting day. Ethan was so excited that he had a hard time sleeping this morning (which meant mommy was up with him four times between 4:30 and 6:15...not cool when the alarm went off at 6:30).

When we told him it was time to go, he practically ran out to the van and chattered the whole way about seeing his classroom and going to school. We were able to find his assigned hook where he needs to hang his backpack and then meet his teachers. They seem like great ladies. Ethan then had a chance to explore the room. The teachers have all sorts of stations set up, so Ethan wandered around and played with puzzles, race cars, and a pretend food market. He played a little with some of his classmates, but mostly he stuck pretty close to Jason and I. I think that once Jason and I are not in the classroom, he'll be a little more open to getting to know the other kids in his class (especially since their parents won't be there either!). I think he had a lot of fun, and now he's talking about going back to classroom for his first day of school on Monday. He's very excited for school!

In case you were wondering, there's no school on my birthday. That's Tuesday, September 25. :)

PS. As soon as I upload the pictures of visiting day to the computer, I'll add them to my post.

No comments: