Friday, September 7, 2007

For added emphasis

Micah has a new thing. He's starting to say more words, but most things are referred to by one word.

"Eh"

Not really sure if that's how it should be spelled, but hopefully you get the idea. If he really wants to emphasize something, or wants us to do something, he points. Many times he'll come running from the other room, point at me, say "eh", and then run back to where he was. The translation is this: "Mom, I need your help with something, follow me". When I enter the room, he points at what he needs or wants, and says "eh" again. Translation: "I want that".

He's pretty cute when he points, and many times I can't help but laugh, but the "eh" for EVERYTHING is getting a little old. Reminder to self, kids go through phases in language development where words only make sense to them. This too shall pass, and then he'll probably talk nonstop like his brother.