Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sometimes you just need a good book

So lately I've been a little...let's just say emotional. (Have you read my last few posts? I can hardly read them without more tears!) I needed a good lighthearted book, and thankfully a book that I've been anticipating came in for me this past weekend at the library. I've already finished it, and it's one where I wanted to read it as fast as I could because I loved it so much, but also wanted to read slowly just so it wouldn't be done too quickly! One of my favorite authors is Janet Evanovich, simply because her writing makes me laugh throughout the book. She has an odd sense of humor and a great imagination, which together make me sit and giggle as I read. Needless to say, Jason does tend to look at me like I'm a little odd while I'm reading her books. I try and explain the funny parts, but her humor is really only understood if you read the book and know the characters.

The book I just read is her newest from her Stephanie Plum Series, called Lean Mean Thirteen. If you need a good read that will make you laugh with a bunch of odd humor and characters, read through this series. I don't think you'll regret it!

2 comments:

DeMaster Family said...

I'm slightly jealous you've been reading lately! I haven't read a book in awhile. Hopefully Nate's Mom will bring me some and I'll have time to read them!

Beth said...

I like those Stephanie Plum books, too. I'm pretty sure you turn me on to them. They are certainly entertaining. I'm jealous that you have time to read too! Actually, I probably could read during Nathan's nap time or at night. Hmmm...when can I get to the library! :0) The newsweek just isn't going to cut it now!