Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Boys will be boys

Today I walked outside in time to see Ethan go flying down the hill in our backyard in the wagon. The wagon was totally out of control (at least in my opinion as a mother). So, as many moms do, I first laughed out loud at the expression of glee on his face. Then, in my best "stern mother voice" I told him not to do it again. He, of course, is not following why his mother doesn't think this is the coolest thing EVER. I'm hoping we make it through his childhood without numerous broken limbs. I'm guessing it will only take an hour or two before he's in the wagon taking the trip all over again. Is it too much to hope that he doesn't haul Micah into the wagon for any of the trips?

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Janna, I think it might be too much to ask...in Colombia the girls brought the 2 year-olds up on the roof of the girls home with them. Don't ask how...or why...its beyond adult comprehension ;)

Rozema Family said...

Scuz, it's because all kids are invincible!

Not "IF" but "WHEN!"

Angie said...

My sister used to put me in a cardboard box and send me down the stairs...sibbling destruction is inevitable!

Olivia said...

I was waiting for some comment about the staircase/box incident!

"Shush, shush, don't cry - you're okay..."

That's big sibling speak for "don't tell mom, don't get me in trouble!"

Don't worry Janna - Angie turned out okay (for the most part), so I'm sure Micah will be fine. Of course, you'll need to remind me of this someday when we have kid #2.

As far as the hoping for few broken limbs - ditto for Levi! He's dangerous just walking on the sidewalk by himself - I think he's going to have perpetual scrapes and bruises, but I guess that is par for the course with boys!

Janna said...

I couldn't think of a good enough comment about the box/stair incident. :) Otherwise I would have made it right away! My file of sassy comments was empty. :)

Olivia said...

That's okay Janna! I was more meaning that your post made me immediately think of that stairs/box incident and I figured that it was only a matter of time before Angie wrote something about it :)