Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple joys

I went out to get the mail at work today and I had to laugh at myself. I couldn't help but smile when I opened the mailbox and there was a huge pile of mail. It seems silly because none of that mail was really for me. However, I was just happy because it was there.

I love getting the mail! I even remember loving it as a kid--and now my boys love to get the mail, too. Granted, I'm not thrilled when I get the bills, but oh the joy of a new magazine! Or, even better, is the hand addressed note from a friend or relative.

There's just something so exciting about flipping through the mail. I guess it's just a random, simple joy in my life. Am I the only one?

1 comment:

Beth said...

That has got to be one of my favorite things of the day, too. :) I hate it when it's only fliers & ads for stores I don't frequent or all bills. That is definitely no fun. It's funny b/c Nathan almost asks if there's anything for him to open! He's my large envelope/package opener :)