Monday, August 9, 2010

Fancy dresses

Jason sometimes reminds me that Norah is not a doll. He says that when I bring out a new outfit to try on her--but mostly he says it when I bring out another new dress for her! Two of the dresses that she's worn my sisters and I wore when we were babies. Our grandmother gave the dresses to my sisters and I, so when my mom pulled them out I was excited to try them on Norah. Absolutely adorable!

This white dress is one from my grandmother. My mom had to tell me that it's a dotted swiss pattern. I wasn't sure what that was until I saw it, but I figured out it's delicate and beautiful! This dress was so tiny in the neck and sleeves that Norah could only wear it for two weeks. She did kind of look like a doll in it!


Once she grew out of the white dress, I pulled out the next one in line. This cute dress is also one from my grandmother. It had intricate smocking on it and ruffles and lace. While she was wearing this dress, Jason commented that it is much more difficult to hook her into her car seat than it was with the boys. All the ruffles and lace get in the way of the buckles!


Since Norah keeps growing, we recently moved to a new dress. This one Jason's mom picked out for her. I've decided that yellow is great on her! I love the big flower on the front of this dress and it has an adorable bow on the back.


It's fun to dress her up! We'll see if she continues to like dresses as she grows. For now, I'll keep having fun with them!

2 comments:

joan b. said...

Norah is a doll, Janna - in dresses or not. She's got a lot of VB blood in her - pure cuteness!

an anonymous grandma said...

I bet I know a grandma that will keep supplying the dresses and the ruffles.

Jason is just going to need to deal with this issue. After all, how long have you had to deal with race cars and sports? Sorry Jason I am siding with Janna on this one