Monday, August 11, 2008

When the kids go to bed...

I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I like to use coupons to get goods deals on groceries. I also like to use coupons to get treats for my family for little or no cost. That being said, I went out the other night to do my deals. I often put the kids to bed with Jason and then head out by myself (sometimes I need to be able to concentrate!). Anyway, after a particularly successful trip to CVS, Jason and I were laughing at my candy haul. We had pulled everything out of the bags and it was sitting on the living room floor. At that point, Ethan decided to get out of bed and come act like a child who's supposed to be in bed sleeping but really doesn't want to be in bed sleeping. You know, acting like a kid. Well, he walked into the room and saw this:


You know the expression that talks about someone being caught with their hand in the cookie jar? Well, the look on my face and Jason's face reminded me of that. It was all we could do to not burst out laughing. Ethan was looking around like "so this is why they want us in bed".

Now, before you think that we're going to eat all of that candy, know that some of it will go to work with me to treat my coworkers, some of it will be consumed on game night, some of it will be shared with the kids, and a lot of it will be consumed while watching the Olympics (seriously, could the swimming be any more entertaining? I was almost standing up cheering and screaming during the mens 4 x 100 relay last night. Now that's how you win a gold medal).

Are you wondering how much I spent on my candy haul? Well, I set all my purchases together in the pile you see in the picture below so you could get the full effect.

The candy, spices, medication, and cleanser cost me a whopping seventy-seven cents. Thats right, $.77--I even had that in my loose change. Did I mention I love shopping at CVS?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Very impressive Janna! I wish we had a CVS nearby.

Anonymous said...

you better save some of those dove candies for game night!
Julie

DeMaster Family said...

Holy cow, Janna! I am giving you the title Coupon Queen. That is very impressive. Seriously, you and Beth should come talk to my MOPS group. We meet the 2nd and 4th Mondays- let me know!