Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The fun jar, part two

So I had a great thought of doing a Fun Jar at the beginning of the summer. Well, we had a busy month of July and we finally got around to making our Fun Jar in the beginning of August. I know, I should post regularly so that I don't have to backtrack this much, but really, you'll have fun reading a whole bunch of posts at once...right? I digress.

The boys weren't quite sure what to think when I hauled out one of my canning jars and a bunch of tissue paper. However, when they saw the glue they were totally on board with whatever I was planning. I cut a bunch of squares from the tissue paper and they had a great time deciding where to glue their pieces onto the jar. Ethan was pretty good about using the glue, but Micah would grab it and squeeze with all his might and then things got a little messy. It was a fun messy, though!


Our lovely little work table. Just the right size for our project.


Micah was very focused. He only licked the glue on his fingers a few times.


A little sticky, but still having fun!


Once we finished the jar I wrote all of the ideas on slips of paper and we put them in the jar. Ethan was very excited about all of the different ideas on the papers. Micah was...well, he was excited because Ethan was excited, and he got to help with a project.

Another post to follow (soon) with our first fun jar activity!

No comments: