Friday, January 4, 2008

A Year in Review

I don't know about you, but every year I enjoy watching the "year in review" clips on the news and reading about it in the paper. I don't really know why that is, but I think I simply like to look back and be reminded of things that have happened throughout the year. Sometimes I find myself saying "I forgot that happened this year!". So, I thought I would go through my pictures from the year and pick out some favorites to post as my own little "Brown and Green Year in Review". It wasn't easy to pick out my favorites. This blog could have been really long. But, I managed to select "just a few". Enjoy!

In 2007, we enjoyed many opportunities to play at our house!


We celebrated Ethan's fourth birthday on February 19.


My dad had hip replacement surgery in January...this is Micah helping in his recovery in February.


In the month of March, Micah was really moving around and getting into everything he could.


This is my bouquet of fresh flowers that Ethan picked just for me in March. Lovely.


This picture from March is just one example of Ethan's growing love of candy. I think he's definitely my kid.


We celebrated Micah's first birthday on April 8.



In the middle of April, Micah had outpatient surgery. He is doing great and the doctor is very happy with his recovery. Praise God!


My cool dudes...a shot from a park in the spring.


This is where Ethan and Micah spent most of the spring...and summer...and fall. I had to convince them that we don't need to play in the sandbox when it's winter. I think they would be out there in their snow pants with their trucks if I let them.


The big event for our family in June was my sister's wedding. What a fun day that was. I love getting dressed up and having a big celebration!


With the temperatures being what they are right now, this is a nice reminder of what one of the flowers from my garden looked like in June.


I guess someone saw his mother doing a lot of this over the summer so he thought he would see what all the fun was.


Jason and Micah enjoying the 4th of July parade. The race car and monster truck were the favorites of my crew.


We spent a lot of time at the lake this year, especially in the month of July. This is one of my favorite shots. Ethan's expression is great...this is right after he "pushed" grandpa into the lake...with all of his clothes on.


We had our annual gathering of college friends at the beach this year. The kids all had a great time playing while the adults enjoyed a chance to catch up. Our 2008 picture will have many more children in it!


One of our local parks has a "splash" pad, so on one warm August evening, we took the boys there to play. They had a riot running in the water and getting sprayed.


For quite a while this past summer, this was one of Micah's favorite hiding spots. We couldn't believe he fit his little body into this cupboard, but he managed to do it many times over! Sometimes, the only way we knew were to look for him was to look for the tiny hand holding onto the cupboard door.


Here's Jason and Ethan at the park during one of the family picnics we had this summer. Who do you think was the most proud that they got up there?


This is Ethan and Micah on Ethan's first day of school. I can't believe we've already reached that milestone with one of our kids. But, he loves it and was ready to go!


This is Ethan on school picture day in October. He loves school so much. We love listening to him talk about what he learns and does in school each day.


This one is from October. Micah was just being his usual silly self. He loves to read books and wear a hat, so this is the cute picture that came out of it!



I have to include the Halloween costumes. One Superman + one construction worker = a lot of candy around our house!


This one is from November. Ethan loves to help me when I bake and he has recently started asking to crack the eggs. My mom suggested having him do it in another bowl to minimize the egg shells in the baked goods. I have to say that it's not a fool-proof method, but it decreases the number of shells at least! James and Merridith, those bars you ate that one time may have been crunchy from egg shells, not crunchy peanut butter!


I love this one of the boys. It's from December. Micah likes to give out hugs and Ethan was more than happy to receive. I hope they continue to love each other this much as they grow up!


This one is from December. It's all of the counselors that do GEMS with me at church. We had a western themed mother/daughter night, so we were all dressed accordingly (Thanks, Angie, for the use of your hat...I think it looks better on Henry!). They are an awesome group of women that I love getting to know better every year!


I gained a new niece this past year (and can't wait for two new nieces and/or nephews this year!). This is a picture of Kathleen from one of our Christmas parties. She has grown and changed so much over 5 months. She was giggling for me at the party...so cute!


This is the boys on Christmas Eve before they opened presents with Jason and I.


And finally, our family. What a blessing each member of my family is to me! Our year was full of love, lessons, and laughter. I hope and pray that this year will be more of the same!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a cute idea!!! I loved reading up and revisiting the memories. Gosh the boys grew a lot over the year!!