Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Preschool Christmas

Today was Ethan's last day of preschool until after Christmas Break (I'd like to note that preschool Christmas break is especially long...Ethan didn't seem too thrilled when I told him how many days he had off!).

We had Ethan bring an apple pie as a Christmas present for each of his teachers. The reason behind the apple pie is that my mom would make an apple pie for all of my teachers every year. The teachers in the school all knew who had myself or one of my siblings in their class...I think there may have been some bartering for the pies. :) Anyway, I thought it would be nice to carry on the tradition and make pies for Ethan's teachers. I dropped Ethan off at school and flew home to peel and cut the apples and quick roll out the pie crust. Thankfully I made the pie crust last night. I almost ran out of time! I wanted the pies to be warm when I brought them to school...I wasn't thinking as fresh out of the oven as they ended up being, but it did make for a nice aroma wafting around the school. Maybe next year I'll put them in the oven before bringing him to school, just so I'm not so close on time! Here's the end result...



Jason wasn't too excited to hear that there were two pies leaving the house and none staying home (just the aroma to taunt us!). I think I'll be making another pie this week, especially after he sees these pictures!

Ethan's class had us come to a mini program. They sang some of the songs that they do in class, as well as some Christmas carols. It was so cute! Most of my pictures ended up being blurry because of the squirming toddler in my arms. I kept trying to get better pictures until I realized I was missing the singing. So, I enjoyed the kids singing, but that resulted in not having good pictures to share. I did get a little video (which shakes in quite a few places), but you can hear the kids singing and I think it's really cute. The parents all had a good laugh when the teacher asked the class whose birthday we were celebrating. The whole class shouted "Hannah" because it was her day to celebrate her birthday. The teacher eventually got them to understand that she was talking about singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. I love kids.



And last, but certainly not least in my book, is our very first school Christmas present. Ethan came home with it on Monday and couldn't wait for us to open it. I barely convinced him to wait until Jason got home for us to open it together. Jason walked in the door and we had to immediately open our present. I love having the kids' hand prints on things, so I think this present will be a favorite of mine for many years to come! They also dated it nicely and put the name of his preschool on it. Ethan even signed his name on the bottom (you just can't see it because I cut it off in the picture so you could see the angel better). Isn't it cute?

4 comments:

DeMaster Family said...

That is so cute! It's still hard to believe you have a child old enough for school! It was fun for me to watch our church kids Christmas program and imagine Caleb up there next year. Time flies!

DeMaster Family said...

By the way, I'll take a pie as a Christmas present! They look great!

Rozema Family said...

I just love you Janna! Only you would take time to make hot pies for teachers! Me? I would have bought them at the grocery store and pretended they were mine :)

I love the angel! It's cute! The singing was precious!

Kristi said...

Adorable!!! I can see why Ethan was dying to give it to you already last week. How stinkin cute!