Thursday, April 12, 2007

The daily grind

Today when I returned from MOPS, I hurried to prepare the boys' lunch. I figured since Ethan was asking for food the whole way home, it was long past lunch time by the time we got home (I tried to sneak too many errands in after MOPS!). Here came my dilemma: I didn't have room on my counter to prepare lunch. I had to move a "pile" of stuff just to have room to put a plate down. I tried moving a pile to my island (thank goodness for a smooth surface cook top since it means more surface area to make piles!). Unfortunately, the piles on my island have left room for only one additional pile. OK, so maybe it's time to do some picking up. I thought about taking a picture just to enhance this post, but I decided I was too embarrassed to show how bad things have gotten! So, I thought I'd give a few examples instead of what my "piles" are and you can use your imagination to picture my mess:

1. Dishes--breakfast dishes and dishes from making muffins for MOPS

2. Dish drainer full of clean dishes...I know, put it in the sink for more space on the counter...but I needed to shake crumbs and junk into the sink where my garbage disposal is. :) Can't just put away the clean dishes!

3. Cereal boxes...have to offer options for breakfast!

4. Mail...plus a pile of junk mail and paper to recycle

5. Grocery list & coupons

6. One pile of clean little person laundry that I can't seem to pick up and walk to put it away. Hey, at least its clean!

7. More dishes...I think they multiplied.

8. Easter basket--this one I'm actually working hard at cleaning up. I contribute by eating one piece (OK, maybe two) every time I walk by it.

9. A few of Micah's birthday presents.

10. Paper airplanes

11. Confiscated toys...mostly items that are being used as bats or small items that Micah finds and tries to put in his mouth. We can still use chalk after it's been sucked on, right?

12. An empty basket that used to hold all of the lids to my Tupperware and misc. plastic containers. Big T and little t kindly emptied it out for me and I haven't gotten the motivation to fill it back up. At least the lids are all in a drawer instead of all over the floor...or piled on my counter!

13. Oh, and my telephone might be somewhere on there too.

14. I cannot admit anymore. :)

I know, I know. Quit blogging and clean up. Unfortunately, it's more fun to laugh about the mess while writing in my blog than clean it up. Hopefully this will motivate me!

No comments: