Thursday, September 18, 2008

Speech explosion

Micah has reached the 2-year-old stage where his vocabulary increases exponentially each day. There are times in the day where he jabbers nonstop. He did this before, but then we couldn't understand a lot of what he said. Now, we're able to understand more each day as his words become more clear. Jason and I, as well as our family members, find ourselves laughing at the words and expressions come out of his mouth. Enjoy some of the highlights!
  • He now says "Micah" instead of his previous version, "me-ah". He also says "E-tan" instead of his earlier version, "E-T".
  • My mom was telling me that Micah sat and listened the other day as Ethan described his day at school. Ethan talked about how one of the boys in his class had pushed him and had also pushed some of the other kids. Micah's response..."thas not vry nice E-tan".
  • Jason likes to ask Micah if he is his buddy. Micah always tells him "I not your buddy, I mommy's buddy". He'll say he's Jason's friend, though.
  • He has taken to telling me that most everything he eats is "de-wish-us". He also described something to my mom the other day and told her it was "dangerous". The big words crack me up!
  • Last night Jason was teasing Micah about something. Micah told him "knock it off, daddy". I managed to not laugh out loud.
  • Jason was gone for business last week. We watched him leave on the airplane. The whole week, if you asked Micah where Jason was, he would tell you "daddy on airpwane". I tried to tell him that Jason landed, but he just couldn't grasp that!
  • This summer, Ethan was being an antagonist (as brothers can be). Micah wasn't going to stand for it, so he looked at Ethan, pointed his little finger at him, and said with a force only a 2-year-old can muster "E-NOUGH". Hmmmm...I wonder where he heard that before?
  • One of my favorite things to hear him say lately is "I have no idea". Coming from him, being clueless is absolutely adorable!

No comments: