Saturday, September 6, 2008

My funny boy

Ethan cracks me up this week. Here's why...

On Thursday, the second day of school, I asked him what his favorite part of school is. He told me "gym class". I responded with "You haven't even had gym class yet!". His response... "I know it will be my favorite when I have it".

On Friday I asked him what he played at recess. My five-year-old-going-on-twelve-year-old told me "We played chase the girls." The mother who can't help but act like a mother said "Did the girls want to be chased?" Thankfully, it didn't seem like they minded.

Today I told Jason that while I was at work, I would love it if he and Ethan cleaned his bedroom. It was already picked up, it just needed a little TLC. Jason told Ethan that they should get started cleaning his room. Ethan's response... "Dad, if I pay you, will you clean my room?" Smart kid. I asked Jason to check how much he was willing to pay. It could have been worth doing myself. He was willing to pay $2.00--not enough to get me to do it, but I bet someday Micah will!

2 comments:

Rozema Family said...

What a crack up!

DeMaster Family said...

How do they get so smart so quickly?:) How is the job going for Jason?