Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Ethan had a wonderful first day today. He was so excited when he woke up this morning. We managed to be ready early, so I had plenty of time for pictures!



Getting all decked out in his new backpack and shoes.


Micah had to get a backpack ready, too.


He is very excited about his new school shoes, so he insisted I take a picture of them.


I don't like to think about how old he looks in this picture. This is not a pose...this is simply my boy.


Finally at school (where mom was allowed to accompany him to his door). His teacher showed him where to put his backpack, and he was off to play with his friends. I realized that I may have entered the stage where I have to get hugs and kisses at home. Once he spotted his buddies from preschool, he didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore!

Overall it was a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janna,

Where have the years gone since we were told we have a beautiful little baby grandson? Now you are posting pictures of this handsome, young boy ready for kindergarten!

What a privilege Ethan is being given to be able to follow the footsteps of his grandparents and parents and go to a Christian School. Our prayers surround him (and you and Jason) as he begins this school year.
Love,

Mom Slot

P.S. Micah, your're covered with prayers and love too!

Rozema Family said...

Oh my! I'm bawling! He's a handsome boy Janna! He's going to be a heart breaker eh?