Sunday, April 27, 2008

Can't help but smile at it

I haven't been very full of smiles over the past 36 hours. It started with Micah throwing up a number of times from around 11 pm. Friday evening to somewhere around 2 am. Saturday morning. He finally settled down to sleep at around 4 am. on the living room floor. Jason took second shift by him sometime around 4:30 am. I enjoyed sleeping in bed until about 7 am. Then, I started with the flu. Awesome. No work for me, and I spent the day on the couch (pretty much sleeping). I couldn't (and still really can't) tolerate being in an upright position for too long. Jason has kept the washing machine running regularly (and has treated me to fine meals of jello and crackers).

However, in all of this I can't help but smile at what Ethan said to Micah today:

"Here, Micah, I'll help you. I'm a pretty good sockputeroner." (translation: sock-put-er-on-er, also known as one who puts socks on)

Good thing I have such good helpers around here when I feel so crummy!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, NO! Feel better soon.

Rozema Family said...

feel better! I'm sorry everyone is sick! Hope no one else gets it!

Suzanne said...

Hope you're feeling better. Life's no good when mom is down for the count. At least you're still smiling! :)