Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

It's been a while since I've posted again (I have a nasty "cold" that I just can't seem to kick...it's made me lazy!). I'll probably do a catch-up post soon!

We spent part of this Valentine's day morning decorating cookies. The boys and their friend, Ava, had a great time putting the frosting mostly on the cookies. There was a lot of knife and finger licking...as well as a liberal use of sprinkles. I doubt we'll be sharing many of the cookies since I think they were licked as well. They really enjoyed decorating a cookie for their snack and it was a great way to pass the morning! I think we may have to work off a sugar buzz outside later in the day!



If you look closely at this picture of Micah, you can see that each of the cookies has bite marks. He was eating the cookies with and without frosting.



This last picture is of our Valentine for Jason. It has become our tradition to use up the last of the frosting in the bowl on a cookie for Jason. He enjoys seeing how high the frosting is (and his sweet tooth loves a whole bunch of frosting with a little bit of cookie!). The cookie is supposed to be two hearts next to each other, it's just hard to see with all the frosting!



Come on...admit it. Looking at the picture of that cookie makes you a little sick to the stomach and a lot jealous of the fact that Jason gets to eat that cookie!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rozema Family said...

Oh la la. . .almost looks good enough to eat :)

DeMaster Family said...

Glad your household is up and running again! The last cookie looks so good, I love frosting!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! Ava made the blog!!! I'll tell her she's famous now:). She had a wonderful time eating frosting at your house. She told me all about it.
--Sandi