Monday, February 4, 2008

On the mend

We're finally perking up around here. Ethan went to school today and I'll finally be well enough to go to work tomorrow. Micah and Ethan still have a cough, Micah worst of all, but hopefully that will go away soon! Jason has managed to not get sick...though I have no idea how. Here's some highlights of how we're trying to recover...

-We've been running the dishwasher almost every day. We have so many dirty cups because I don't want anyone to reuse a cup while they're sick!
-I'm thankful we own a carpet cleaner...our living room carpet needed a good cleaning...a few times.
-We also had the opportunity to clean the couch cushions. :)
-The washing machine is working overtime. Sometimes it was running in the middle of the night. I'm thankful the boys own multiple pairs of pajamas and that we have multiple sets of bedding.
-I threw away a lot of food out of the fridge today. Shameful, but it was mostly leftovers from right before we all got sick. The kids and I were not in the mood for real food, and Jason didn't dare eat anything beyond bland rice, soup, or pasta because he knew he had the potential to be sick at any moment.
-I have a new love for Gatorade...I had Ethan to the doctor and he was just shy of needing to go to the ER to get hooked up to an IV. The doctor told us to give him as much Gatorade as we could get him to drink. Thankfully he perked up and the ER was not necessary. We all drank Gatorade after that (my sister was awesome and went and bought Gatorade on her lunch hour for us because I was too exhausted to go to the store).
-We had Micah to an after hours clinic late Saturday night. I'm glad the clinic was available so I could have a doctor tell me he was OK.
-My bathroom has not been this clean in quite some time...we cleaned it a few times last week. :)
-We now have a nasty TV watching habit that we have to break. There will be much whining.
-I think I'll actually cook dinner tonight. Jason will gasp out loud if he reads this before he comes home.
-We may be able to go visit Colin soon. Finally. Once we can stop the hacking coughs. OK, maybe we'll meet him in the Spring.

It's good to be working our way back to "normal"!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yeah for being on the mend!! :)