Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mission: Impossible

My mission, and since I posted it I'm accepting it, is to find the island in my kitchen sometime in the next few days (notice the vauge timeframe I've given myself). This means I will recycle the papers that need to be recycled, and put away all the other miscelaneous "stuff" that makes it look like a dumping ground. I plan to do this without simply moving all the piles to another part of my counter. :) However, I need a bit of advice...one of the piles is all of Ethan's papers and drawings from school. I can't decide what to keep and what to recycle! I know I don't need to keep it all...do I really need to save a picture of each letter that he learns and colors? I feel like I almost have to keep the picture of the butterfly, mostly because it will be funny to tell him about his parent's ignorance someday. I'm tempted to just get a big storage container and save it all...and then let him sort it out when he gets older. However, I suspect that he'll just dump most, if not all, of it. I did read an idea once about how one family took a picture of special papers and then kept it only in a digital "book". What to do!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I plan on buying a storage container of some sort--interrupting myself for incoming idea....

Perhaps buy a storage container. Save everything you want to from this first year. At the end of the year go through it and pick out the stuff you really want to keep. That way you'll be able to view the entire collection! I personally plan to keep some of the best pieces and perhaps take pics of others. I still have the things my mom kept--special projects, cute cards, that kind of thing.
~Beth

PS. Good luck w/ the counter. Ugh...the dreaded counter piles! I found a bill that was due last week in mine! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

take digital pictures of each piece or of him holding his favorites. then you can make a photobook on shutterfly (or something website) and you won't have to save all the huge papers. check out winkflash.com
they run specials every 3 months you can get a 100 page photobook for $20!
brenda