Friday, July 6, 2007

Cherry Picking

The other day we were at the farmer's market and I noticed a sign for picking sweet cherries at one of the local orchards. I was so excited because many of the cherries in the area were frozen in one of the later freezes of the year, so I wasn't expecting to find any cherries to pick this year. So that afternoon the boys and I loaded up and headed to the orchard. It is only a little over five minutes away! When we were in the orchard I could not believe how many cherries were on the tree--or how big they were! I intended to pick a small amount for eating. However, I have this problem (and my mother will say that I get this from her), and I could not stop picking. The cherries were so big and so good! Well, now we have 10 pounds of cherries to eat. Cherries, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want to bring some of those cherries my way tomorrow?:)

Rozema Family said...

YUM-O! Ship some down to Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.