Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July fun

What a busy day we had! We had tons of fun, but we were tired by the end of the day!

Jason and I started the day by walking in a parade to promote his store. Some of our family members were able to walk with us. We had a great time handing out flyers and other items from the vendors (everyone loves you when you're holding a t-shirt!). The boys hung out with my dad so Micah could get his nap and Ethan could get some play time with grandpa.

After walking in the parade, we headed home and made it in time to watch the last half of the parade by our house. (The local parade is so well loved that people had their spots staked out a week before--if you want a front row seat you have to put your blanket or chair down way ahead of time!). We sat by some of our neighbors and the boys had fun watching the parade go by. Micah's favorite was the float from a church that had their band playing (he loves to "groove"). Ethan loved the float that carried the race car...and of course the monster trucks. We also had plenty of opportunity to get some much-loved parade candy! I managed to not chew out some of the parents around us (I do NOT think it's OK to encourage your child to walk up to the parade participants and grab the candy/beads/whatever right out of their hand).


Ethan watching for the next float.


Micah loves watching everything go by!


Ethan's favorite.


Another favorite.








In the afternoon Micah was napping, so Ethan and I walked down to a local park and watched the skydiving exhibition. Then we played at the park for a while before heading home to play some more in the backyard with Jason and Micah. We also managed to take a bike ride.

It was my turn to go to fireworks this year (I stayed home the past 4 with the kids), so Ethan and I grabbed a snack and walked to the park again. Have I mentioned that I love my city because I can walk to all of the fun stuff? I wish I remembered my camera because Ethan was funny to watch as he tried to catch the fireflies. We talked and played until the fireworks started, and then enjoyed the show together. Ethan stuck it out for all of the fireworks (last year he and Jason left the park when it started because it was too loud for him). He wasn't a fan of the finale, but seemed to enjoy the fireworks otherwise. We headed home afterward, and by that point of the day, everyone was ready for bed! I hope you had an enjoyable holiday like we did!

No comments: