Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of 2nd Grade

Time for another school year to begin! Ethan has been anxiously awaiting this day since the end of 1st grade! We were all up and ready to go right on time (surprisingly, we were not up incredibly early), so we had plenty of time for pictures.

I had to take our now traditional picture by the tree. It's a great place for a first day/last day of school picture.


I was able to take a few nice pictures in between all of his silly faces and poses. The following picture is by far my favorite. Keep in mind that I just shoot the pictures and say "OK, it's time for a nice one" every once in a while. He does all the silliness and posing all on his own!


Can you say "charmer"? This boy...I don't even know what to really say beyond I love him dearly.


By far, my favorite part of the first day of school is that each year the teachers take time to pray with the kids before they even enter their classroom. Because of an incredibly busy parking lot I only caught the tail end of their prayer time, but I love knowing that it's happening. Just coming around the corner to see this reminds me of what a great school this is.


Another great part of the first day is the praise assembly that they have. The principal is wonderful and has a great way of outlining some rules while still being fun. There are 400+ children sitting on the floor (and another 160!! preschoolers will start next week). They spent time singing and learning about the theme for the school year and then off to classes they went!


As the kids all sang, "This is the day that the Lord has made". What a great day it was!

1 comment:

mom s said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am very impressed by GCS and your commitment to a Christian Education. I passed the school 3 times and found myself saying a prayer each time-I kept my eyes open- Let's cover the kids, teachers, board and all the support staff with our prayers- oh yeah the moms and dads too