Monday, September 13, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

Micah woke up this morning and said "No more sleeps! I'm so happy!" He was very excited to start preschool today! His teacher told him at his visiting day last week that it was five more sleeps until they started school. He has been counting down ever since he heard that!

It was a long morning for my excited boy. Afternoon preschool involves a lot of waiting. I'm sure the morning felt like an eternity for him. I could definitely tell he was excited. I answered the "Is it time for preschool?" question many times today!


We passed some of the time by taking a few pictures in the back yard. He thought this was great. He kept choosing all different spots to have me take his picture. We zig-zagged all over the yard! I loved the fact that he allowed me so many opportunities to take his picture. I don't often have that chance!


We made sure we took the traditional school picture by the tree! It's hard to get a good, not cheesy, picture of a 4-year-old!


He was thrilled to finally put his new backpack to use. He picked it out with Grandma. This morning we loaded it with a special stuffed animal friend to keep him company in class.


I love the picture above, yet I'm having a hard time coping with the reality of it. He looks so old! I guess that happens! We ended our picture spree with a quick mom/Micah shot. Another favorite!


He had a great day at school. When I picked him up he ran to me and said "I had so much fun!". I'm so thankful for his teachers and how they helped make his first day go so well. They are wonderful teachers (we had them when Ethan was in preschool) and we are looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Cute pictures! I especially love the one that could be his "senior picture" pose :) When did they grow up so much?? I'm glad his first day went well!