Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Micah

Dear Micah,

Today you turn three years old. You have grown so fast that sometimes I do a double-take when I see you because I still think of you as my baby. You've lost all appearances of a toddler and are a sweet little boy. One thing that hasn't changed over the last year is that you are still mommy's boy. I love to pick you up in the morning because you are so cuddly and have a way of folding yourself against me so that you are as close to me as you can be. I like to tell your dad that you only act like that with me, but I see you cuddle up to him that same way sometimes.



Over the last year you've become quite a chatterbox. Your dad and I have been amazed at all the new words that you've learned and the ways that you use them in sentences (often a lot of sentences in a row!). Midway through the year you began identifying yourself as "Micah Aaron two-and-a-half". You were so proud of that "half" that you were annoyed when we tried to tell you that you would turn three on your birthday. Thankfully, your buddy Levi (a.k.a. We-vi) turned three and now it's okay for you to age, too. For a while you would stutter quite a bit--we could see that your brain was working so fast that your mouth couldn't keep up. I think you don't stutter much anymore because you've learned to talk faster!


You are all mischief and you love to rough house. Whenever possible, you tackle Ethan. You've gotten quite strong! We often laugh at some of your facial expressions--you grit your teeth and we know you're going to try and do something naughty (or jump on someone). You also are very entertained with your GeoTrax trains. If it were up to you, we would have the trains set up every day. You love to use the remote control ones and move the people around in the trains.



You still adore your brother. There are times where dad and I find Ethan reading to you or you are playing a race together. You are happiest when you are running around the kitchen, doing laps around the island, chasing after each other. You love that you have a chance of keeping up with Ethan! There are many occasions where you provoke your brother to the point of screeching, but most days end with a "bump" or a high five before bed.



Reading books is still a favorite activity. You'll happily grab a pile of books and bring it to any lap that is available. You love any story that has Mickey Mouse in it as well as the Berenstain Bear books. At nap time (which is becoming "rest" time) you try to convince us to let you have a pile of books in your bed to look at. We usually compromise at three, though I think your dad and I started our offer at one book.



Over the last year you learned to say prayers. In fact, you were the one who announced that we should say bedtime prayers together out loud. I love that time, right before bed where you add your voice to prayers with Ethan, Daddy, and I. You even memorized the whole "God is Great" prayer and like to have the opportunity to say prayers for us before or after meals. A few months ago, your teacher in the two's class at church asked you to draw a picture of Jesus. You drew a Micah-version of a rainbow with stars around it. I love that your little heart is beginning to know, understand, and love Jesus.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Micah. I love you!

Mom

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

Of course, again.. .sweet sweet sweet letter :) Kimberly.. .sappyspice. . .is crying :)