Saturday, February 14, 2009

Working together

Quite some time ago we referred to the boys as Trouble. Big T and little t. The two of them seem like they could work together to cause mischief. Well...it's starting to happen.

On a recent Sunday morning I heard Ethan get up first. He came into our room and saw us still in bed, so he went into Micah's room next. Since I love to hear them talk with each other, I stayed in bed so I wouldn't interrupt. I smiled as they talked, and then listened closer as I heard Ethan say something about getting Micah out of bed. You see, Micah is still in a crib. This mom is not ready for a big boy bed and Micah has only climbed out of bed once. So, he's still confined when he wakes up.

Anyway, I could hear Ethan trying to lower the side of the crib. He was busy telling Micah that he couldn't get it. Then I heard the sound of the bean bag dropping. Ethan's next words? "We'll put this here in case you fall so you won't get hurt." I almost jumped out of bed and went running, but I really wanted to know what they would do next! After that, there was silence until I heard two sets of feet coming. They both came into our room with beaming expressions. Ethan was so happy that he helped Micah...he told me he just put his arms under Micah's armpits and helped him over the side. We may have to switch to a big boy bed sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great story, Janna! It must be fun to watch them interact.