Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthay Celebrations

Ethan's birthday is tomorrow, but we started celebrating early! I have our whole family signed up for the Coldstone Creamery birthday club, so on Monday we took Ethan for his free treat. Like last year we let Ethan pick his own flavor. He chose cotton candy ice cream with gummi bears. Now, I love candy and sweetness and ice cream, but that concoction is a little much for even me! However, he loves it, so we go with it! One note to self for next year would be to NOT have this concoction as a bedtime snack. An afternoon snack would be much better! Ethan was on a bit of a sugar high while we were trying to settle him down for bed. Sometimes even parents can't be taught!

He offered quite a few times to share some tastes with us, but Jason and I politely declined! I love cotton candy, but pretty much only in it's cottony form!

Ethan offered some to Micah, but he had tried the flavor in the store and wanted nothing to do with it! He did kindly share some of his concoction with Ethan: strawberry ice cream with gummi bears mixed in.

Everybody loved their treats, and the best (worst) part was that I discovered that the kid-size helpings of ice cream are only $1.50. I'm willing to spend that on ice cream!

Oh, and do you see that I gave the boys haircuts? I hate doing that because they both look so much older afterward, especially Micah! My kiddos are too big already!

One more random thing...

I had to share a picture of what happens when my husband is left alone with the peanut butter cookie dough. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's because they are big. 6 and 3. :(

Julie

Rozema Family said...

That cookie scares me!

Happy B-Day!!!!!!!