Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quote of the day--Thursday edition

My boys crack me up. This morning Micah and I were playing pretend eating. It's a thing we do lately. :) Apparently it was someones birthday because we were having birthday cake. He kindly put some in front of me as well as himself. I reached out to sample my "cake" and was informed that "we have to pray!". Oops! So, I folded my hands and he nicely said his prayer (which he says on his own without direction!). "God is great, tank-you for this food, God bless mommy, daddy, E-tan, Micah, E-tan, Micah, and a happy day, amen." He then looked at me and said "your turn!". He's such a sweet boy!

Not to be left out, Ethan had his own cuteness. I worked until bedtime today, so when I came home the boys were already in bed. I went upstairs to talk with Ethan for a few minutes. He noticed that I had forgotten to take my name tag off and asked me what it was. I explained that it was my name tag and it had my name on it so people at work would know who I was. I slipped it off and he held it and looked at it for a few seconds. With a puzzled expression he said "shouldn't it say 'mom'?"

3 comments:

Beth said...

That's right. Mom. Gotta love it. Just wait till he tries calling you Janna! :) Very cute.

DeMaster Family said...

What? You mean we have an identity outside of Mom?:)

Carolyn said...

Very cute. Oh man, how great is it that we'll be able to remember all of these great quotes? I love it.