Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quote of the day

Tonight I read the kids their Bible stories (they each have a book and we read a story from each book). Ethan's story was on the Ten Commandments. Since he's learning to read, he helped me with a lot of the words. There were some sentences where I read most of the words, but he did a great job. This Bible story book had the Commandments worded in such a way that it was easier for kids to understand, like "obey your father and mother" instead of "honor your father and mother". I read that one, just to be sure he understood the word. :) Here's the conversation when we got to number 8:

Ethan: "Number 8, do not"
Me: "steal"
Ethan: "Oh, that's a good one"

I don't know why, but his comment struck me as funny, especially since he didn't comment on any of the other commandments! Maybe that means that the 8th Commandment will really stick with him!

No comments: