Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sandbox fun

A few weeks ago we "opened" the sandbox for the summer. The boys now play in it any chance they get. I have only a few outfits they wear in the sandbox since they get so dirty! They know that they need to change if they want to play in it! When we built the sandbox a few years ago we shook our heads at how large it ended up being. This year, I've decided that I'm glad it's so big! They have plenty of room to drive all their trucks around...many a road has been constructed already! As it gets warmer, I may start hosing them off before they come in the house!


My big dude...thrilled to be back in his sandbox world!


Micah...testing out one of the new roads!


Tiny dirty toes. I think they're cute even when they're filthy!


Bigger toes...but still cute! It took some scrubbing to get them clean!


If you look closely you can see that even Micah's face is covered in a coating of dirt...but don't they look happy! They even have fun playing with each other in the sandbox (at least most of the time)!

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

That is ONE HUGE Sandbox! Loren would love that sized sandbox compaired to hers! I bought that white sand so that L wouldn't get filthy! Loren hates getting dirty so she wouldn't play in it if it was dark.