Friday, November 30, 2007

A great way to start the day

Some days it's hard to get going in the morning...and this morning I REALLY wanted to stay in my nice warm bed. When I heard on the radio that there was snow on the ground, I really didn't want to get up! But, of course, reality happened and I got out of bed. We hurried around to get everyone fed, dressed, teeth brushed, and hair combed so I could take Ethan to school on time. (By the way, I found my morning routine is not as fast now that we have to do coats, hats, mittens, AND boots!).

As I was dropping Ethan off at school, I had the best reminder of what my attitude should be. We walked through the hall to his classroom and could hear the first grade class singing. In their wonderful 1st grade voices, singing happily and at the top of their lungs, I heard this:

"This is the day
This is the day
That the Lord has made
That the Lord has made
We will rejoice
We will rejoice
And be glad in it
And be glad in it
This is the day that the Lord has made
We will rejoice and be glad in it
This is the day
This is the day
That the Lord has made"

It brought a smile to my face and my heart. I wanted to stand in the hallway and listen to their singing all morning (though I don't think Micah would have liked that!). Anyway, I hope just reading the song helped bring a smile to the day for you. Instead of wishing for my warm bed all day, I'm going to rejoice in the day that the Lord has made!

2 comments:

integrityvacuum said...

Thanks

Rozema Family said...

I'm Really hormonal! Just started crying over here!