Friday, November 16, 2007

Catch-up

I feel like I'm in need of a little catch-up in many areas of my life right now! Obviously, I've been lacking in my posting on my blog. I'm also trying to play catch-up with my raking leaves, laundry, cleaning, baking, groceries, and just plain picking up around the house. Ever feel that way? I'm happy to say that I'm a little closer to being caught up in some areas...today I cleaned both bathrooms. Yes, on the same day. Not just surface clean either. I even wiped the baseboards! I also have washed most of the laundry (I'll admit to giving up before I got to the sheets and towels...maybe tomorrow). Now I just need to fold all of it. Ethan also helped me do some baking today, so we finally have cookies in the house again! My mom came this week and we spent an afternoon raking leaves. Five loads later we were caught up...for at least that day.

I thought I should also catch-up on posting pictures, especially since I haven't even posted Halloween pictures yet. Ethan was Superman, and Micah was a little working man. We managed to stay mostly dry by driving around to see family during most of the rain. Both of the boys had a great time trick or treating. Ethan was amazed at all the candy he had afterward. We didn't go too far, but Micah could hardly carry his bucket by the end. The last picture in the little slideshow is Micah in the van on our way home...he was exhausted!



I also thought I'd share a few pictures from all of the times we raked leaves (which were frequent this year!). The boys had a great time in the piles and didn't end up scattering the leaves too much. They are inventive, so they hauled the slide into the biggest pile of leaves and had fun sliding into the pile. All of the fun that they had made it a little more fun to rake...well, sort of.

3 comments:

Beth said...

What adorable pictures! I love the one that Micah has the sucker in his mouth--it looks like he's smoking. Just like a real "working man." I'm jealous that you got to play in the leaves this year (but not of your raking!!). Our trees have just started dropping their leaves, and now it's too cold & wet to play in them. Thanks for the update. I was wondering what happened to you--Life has struck again! :) Good luck w/ the towels tomorrow. Maybe the laundry fairy will visit.

Janna said...

I would hope for the laundry fairy to visit, but I think the fairy already came this week in the form of a leaf-raker. I'll take what I can get. :)

DeMaster Family said...

Such cute kids! Playing catch up is no fun, but I always enjoy seeing the results. Of course, someone usually spills right after I clean the floor....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!