Friday, June 29, 2007

Off to Chicago

Well, technically Jason is off to Chicago! He left this evening for a weekend mission trip with our church. I'm trying my hand at single parenting for the weekend (though only really in the mornings and evenings since we've scheduled time with grandparents!).

Ethan had a hard time seeing Jason off. He cried and cried when Jason left. I didn't notice that he was crying at first, just that he was hanging on my leg. Jason looked down and gave him a hug and tried to cheer him up. Even talking about all of the fun things he will be able to do with mommy and grandpas and grandmas this weekend did not stop the flow of tears! I had to give lots of hugs and cuddles to get him to settle down. Ice cream with grandpa and grandma and a little work with grandpa in the back yard seemed to help some! He's such a tender hearted boy!


Micah and Ethan sitting on the curb by daddy waiting for the time to leave (and Jason had to inhale his supper!).

We would appreciate your prayers for a meaningful and safe trip this weekend for Jason...and that the boys and I are able to stay entertained...and that we are all cheerful when Jason returns Sunday night!

4 comments:

Rozema Family said...

Have fun Jason!

I love the dinner you served. . .pizza! At least you cook yours, mine came from delivery last night. . .pizza=life save in this home!

Janna said...

Yeah, um, the pizza box is sitting on the hood of the car...conveniently not in the picture. I did take plates and napkins, so do I get credit for that?

integrityvacuum said...

Thank you for your prayers. This past weekend was great we did some painting in the community and then Sunday morning cooked and served breakfast for that same community.

Ethan got sick Sunday afternoon so he was happy to see me but not that cheerful when I got home. With Micah you can leave the room and walk back in and he is excited to see you again. I believe it was Janna that most excited and cheerful to see me because she then got a little break from being both a mom for the sick kid and a dad for the one that wanted to cause trouble and just have fun.

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear that Jason's trip went well...hope everyone's healthy again!