Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cherry Picking

We love cherry season around here! There's an awesome orchard not far from our house and we decided to meet some of my family members there and pick sweet cherries together. Since the weather has been cool around here, it was a perfect day to pick! I'll take cool and overcast on cherry picking days!


Micah was pretty good at cherry picking. There were lots of cherries that were low enough for him to reach. He ate a bunch, but also managed to fill part of his bucket!


Ethan has really gotten the hang of cherry picking over the years--especially the eat one, put one in your bucket system! He loved getting on the ladder to reach the high ones and I'm pretty sure he filled most of his bucket by the end of the morning!

This is my niece, Kathleen. I love this picture because she's so happy to be helping pick! My sister would show her a low branch and Kathleen would pick away. She didn't even eat that many!


This is the whole kid-crew (with my dad in the background). Quite a bunch! They had fun in and around the trees and chattered away to each other the whole morning. Cherry picking is much more fun with a crew!

No comments: