Monday, December 22, 2008

Keepin' it real

I didn't send out Christmas cards this year (again). I may do it again someday, but for now I'm taking a break from that ritual. However, I still took pictures of the boys by the Christmas tree. It's a great opportunity to get the two of them sitting by each other. So, if I had gotten Christmas photo cards with the boys on it, I would have probably used this picture:

Or, maybe even this one, with a little cropping:


Or, if I decided to use a picture of the four of us, I would maybe have used this one:


(OK, maybe I wouldn't have used that one...I probably would have tried for a few more options, but I still like the picture) Anyway, if you're like me, you send out the best looking picture. As I scrolled through what I had, I decided that while my boys are adorable in the previous pictures, it doesn't necessarily show their true personalities. At our house, it's more like this:

And this:

Or this:

I have to say that this next one is one of my favorites, simply because it shows just how much Micah loves his big brother.

Now this one's pretty good:

But this one's a little scary:

And all I can say about this is that Ethan, well, he's 5.

"Cheese" can only be said with a goofy look:


And, quite frankly, this one just looks too posed:


However, I think my little guys are pretty cute, whether they are sitting calmly or trying to be silly for mom. Which one would be your Christmas card pick?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love how micah stands with his hands behind his back! they are all so cute. and it is a great photo of the four of you!

Anonymous said...

that would be from Julie. oops

DeMaster Family said...

Such cute boys! I always wonder how photo studios get such good shots of kids. I know I don't.:) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Rozema Family said...

What a fun post!