Monday, November 10, 2008

Learning

We knew Ethan was learning "popcorn words" at school over the last few weeks. These are words that "pop up" all the time...the, and, I, is, or (among others). This evening he told us about school and that he wrote about what he likes to eat. Jason asked him how to spell eat (because, quite frankly, we didn't think he could spell). He replies "e-a-t". While this is awesome, I think my days of spelling things so my kids don't understand are g-o-n-e. So, we asked Ethan to write his sentence for us so we could see how he writes. Check it out!


Translation: I like to eat pumpkin pie and turkey. Those vowels will get you every time! :) But, he sounded it all out and wrote what he heard. He also make the "e" on the word "like" dotted...because it's a silent "e". Of course. I'm not sure who's learning more in school, him or us.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Pretty impressive! Although the uppercase R in trke, threw me off for a moment-I thought maybe it was an "h" w/ an extra loop or something. So, I'm a little slow this morning. LOL!

Rozema Family said...

Great job little man! I'm impressed! He's doing great!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ethan- you are your father's child!