Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween '08

I know Halloween seems like it was a while ago already, but when I look at the candy still left in the boys' buckets...it seems like we just went trick-or-treating yesterday! The weather was absolutely perfect this year, so it was fun to wander the neighborhood. Ethan quickly caught on to the fact that we got to more houses if he moved faster. Micah loved choosing candy out of the huge bowls that were offered to him. They had a great time, and this mom is eating way too much candy lately!


Ethan decided that he wanted to be a baseball player, so his costume was easy since we could put him in the Tigers jersey that he loves to wear! Micah loves Mickey Mouse, so when I was given the opportunity to borrow this costume, I jumped right on it!


My kiddos got sillier as the night went on. Hmmm...I wonder why that was?


This was one of the few pictures where he actually smiled instead of giving me serious baseball player faces. A photo happy mom apparently cramps the style of this baseball player.


Our nephew, Colin, stopped by to get in on the fun. His monkey costume was so cute!


I remember sorting through my "loot" after I finished trick-or-treating. Tons of fun to do the same with my kids!


I don't think Micah has ever seen this much candy. He couldn't even carry his bucket by the end of the night! We had to hand it to him at the door when he said "trick-or-treat". We decided when the bucket is too heavy to carry then it's time to head home!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great pics! Gotta love the dumping and sorting of the candy. Great tradition! Nathan finished his candy last night. Although, we still have a bag from Grandma from Nathan's visit.

Rozema Family said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!