Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Where I've been

In case you haven't noticed, it has been a while since I updated my blog (again). We've been busy lately doing a whole bunch of relaxing. You see, every year in the month of July, my parents rent a cottage for a few weeks. The cottage is close enough that it is easily driven to, but far enough away that it really is a vacation. My parents allow (and even encourage!) all of their children and grandchildren to stay overnight as often as we like, so Jason, the boys, and I have been crashing at the cottage off and on for the last week and a half. We've come home for a few days when I have to work, but then we head back out to the quiet life. Jason doesn't have any vacation days, so he just drives in to work and then comes back to join us when he's done for the day (I know, he got the short end of the stick on this deal!). Anyway, I'm not going to post all the pictures right now, simply because I have to figure out a good way to post the good ones from the 200+ pictures I've taken already. Plus, after I work a few days, we're going back to the lake again! So, no promises of pictures in a timely manner!

To keep your attention, I'll give you a glimpse of this past Saturday at the cottage. Jason had to work from 9-noon, so he didn't have a relaxing morning like I did. In fact, when he came back to the cottage after work, he found that I was still in my pajamas. With a large amount of encouragement from our firstborn (and a HUGE dose of encouragement from my siblings), I went into the lake fully clothed.









As you can tell, I tried to put up a fight. Unfortunately, I'm not as strong and determined as the rest of my family, so I got wet. At least the water was warm.

3 comments:

Rozema Family said...

I love it! I'm laughing so hard!

DeMaster Family said...

Ahh, you look like young people in love. What do they tell girls, "If a boy picks on you that means he likes you?" :)

Jennie said...

Yeah, sorry about that....