Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blizzard!

I have to admit right up front that I really doubted the meteorologists on their predictions of a blizzard. They had predicted large amounts of snow a few times before and it amounted to very insignificant amounts. So, when this next "storm" rolled around, I told a girlfriend "I'll believe it when I'm shoveling it". Well, I shoveled like crazy that day!

We started the day early with a phone call from my boss saying I did not have to come in to work because the snow was so bad. Yippee! A snow day for all since Jason could take an office day. Jason and I couldn't resist peeking out all of the windows before going back to bed. When we noticed our neighbor shoveling, we decided to head out and help her since she had to go to work. It was a very peaceful time to shovel!


Later in the day, when Norah went down for a nap, we headed out to shovel more. The snow drifts were huge and the boys had a great time climbing around on them. I wasn't as fond of the snow when it took Jason and I an hour and a half to clear just the end of our driveway. All of the snow from the road had been pushed there and it was very heavy! Also, because of how our driveway is set up, we have to push the snow down the sidewalk before tossing it into a snowbank. Tons and tons of work! Jason worked on the driveway more later in the morning and then we finished it together in the evening. Whew! We got our exercise in that day!


The boys thought it was awesome that they could stand on a snow pile and touch the roof of the garage.


Even though it was a lot of work to shovel out, I do have to say that I loved the dumping of snow! I'm good now until next year. :)

No comments: