Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cottage 2009

One of our favorite summer activities is heading to the lake. Each year my parents rent a cottage and invite all of the kids and grandkids to come out to stay and play. We stayed...and we played!

Here's a few stats from the 3 weeks that they were out there, just 'cause it's fun:

  • Number of siblings I shared a bedroom with: 2 (and 2 siblings-in-law), but not all at the same time
  • Most people that slept in one bedroom: 6
  • Max people that could be found at the cottage at one time: too many to count, 15 maybe?
  • Number of tube rides that I went on: 1
  • Years since I've been on a tube ride: 15+
  • Times I fell off said tube: 2 (I think my brother was being nice)
  • Times Ethan went tubing: 3 or more? More than his mother!
  • Kayak rides: sadly, only 1
  • Fish caught: One for each of the kids! Enough to keep them fishing!
  • Times I was thrown in the lake: only once, and this year it wasn't in my clothes!
  • Number of ice cream bars I ate: not telling
  • Cans of pop I drank: not telling
  • Pounds I gained: again, not telling
  • Hours/days of fun with family: too many to count!
Now, on to the fun part, the pictures! Enjoy!

Ethan's first tube ride...


We hung out in the hammock...


Read lots of books...


Zoned out in front of the television...(don't they look exhausted!)


Took naps...


Micah was proud of the fish he caught...


Took endless jumps off the dock...



Spent some more time fishing...


Took lots of boat rides (Micah loved to drive)...


Celebrated birthdays...



Played on the water trampoline...


Wrestled...and yes, it appears Charlie is winning!


And finally, we played in the water...then played in the water some more! This video shows how brave Micah finally was in the water (and yes, he has a shirt on. He liked it). The boys were tossing balls back and forth and he kept going out deeper. Make sure you're paying attention to Micah at the end of the video. :)



Overall, we had an awesome time with family and I can't wait to go again next year!

1 comment:

DeMaster Family said...

Right in the face! Too funny.