Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More birthday

I thought maybe it was time to post some pictures from Ethan's birthday. We celebrated quietly at home on his actual birthday. I was thankfully able to get out of work early so we could all have supper and dessert together. We had a nice evening just hanging out! The "crown" is from school. I think he had fun wearing it in class all day so he thought he should wear it while he opened presents!

Jason and I gave Ethan a bat. It's his very first metal bat and he is incredibly excited (though he didn't go as crazy as we thought he would when we gave it to him). The bat goes nicely with his new batting helmet from Grandpa and Grandma and his batting gloves from Uncle James and Aunt Merridith. We need some warm weather to get this boy on the baseball diamond! The bat is currently residing in the closet so it doesn't break any lamps or windows or brothers.


Once again, Ethan wanted pumpkin pie for his birthday dessert. I seriously think this is a conspiracy by all the boys in the family. All of them love pumpkin pie...and I, the lone girl, hate it. But, I make it and watch them all enjoy dessert. Insert audible sigh. Oh, and I let the boys put in the candles. There are actually six; one of them is just kind of hiding in the middle.

These next pictures are mostly unrelated to Ethan's birthday. However, they crack me up so I'm putting them in here. The boys were helping clean up before the grandparents came over for dessert. Jason had them wash and dry the kitchen table. This is how they decided they should dry:


In the next picture, you don't really see the whole story. Micah isn't really doing all the work. You see, right as Jason snapped the picture, Ethan fell off the table (thankfully only on to the chair and he didn't get hurt). Kind of a funny shot when you know the story behind it!

I'll post pictures soon of the birthday cake I made. I took step-by-step shots because it sounded like fun, so check back later!

No comments: